Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Out of town guests and marathons

The girlfriend and I had out of town guests visiting for nearly a week recently, meaning my workout schedule has been light to nonexistant. Despite no workouts, each night they were here I dragged myself into bed, thoroughly exhausted. Why is it that ushering around out of town visitors doesn't count toward my training?!

Aside from pure exhaustion, other symptoms included an insatiable appetite. We managed to eat our way through the entire city, from Brooklyn pizza to Chinatown dim sum. At the very least, this must have been Zone 1 endurance work, right? (Note: This is a rhetorical question not intended to illicit an actual response.)

We checked out part of the New York Marathon while our visitors were here...one of my favorite NYC events. There's nothing quite like the thousands upon thousands of bobbing heads pounding down the pavement in an unending sea.

Every year, I feel completely inspired watching that race. This year I'm under the delusion that I'll join NYRR and do enough races to get into the 2008 marathon. For training, I'll follow a regular regiment of out of town guests and overeating. I'm already on the path to marathon glory!

No comments: