Thursday, December 14, 2006

These shorts were made for riding, and that's just what the'll do

Yesterday as I spinned my way through another bike workout, I noticed how uncomfortable my bike seat was. My bike seat hasn't really bugged me much in the past (minus the occasional saddle sores, which I probably should not discuss publicly), so I'm guessing this was the inevitable sign that my padded cycling shorts are getting worn out. That little shammy just doesn't have the fluffy tenderness it once did, sadly.

This got me to thinking...how many miles have these shorts travelled?? Well, this is going to sound insane, but when I had to replace my chain late last summer, I calculated that I'd put over 2000 miles on my bike since it was purchased in Feb of 2005. I bought my shorts the same day I bought the bike and I've worn them for every single ride minus my actual races. Since the chain was swapped out, I've logged many more miles. I don't care to count the actual number cause I really don't like to think I've been wearing anything so close to my body for thousands of miles.

I'm a little disturbed frankly...and I need some new shorts...

No comments: