Monday, September 11, 2006

My toes are sore

It's a widely known fact that nearly all women's shoes are torture devices. Personally, I tend to stick to the Dansko clogs, but occasionally I try to fool myself into believing that I too can wear the latest, greatest fashion. So I set out, buy some fancy shoes and a few hours into them I find myself begging for my clogs.

I have some uncomfortable shoes in my arsenal, but these shoes are by far the most binding, tear-inducing mothers I own. And I paid top dollar for these puppies! I know climbing shoes aren't made for a leisurely walk in the park, but these suckers only stop hurting when my mind is too engaged in survival to notice pain.

As with any shoe that I've paid over $50 for, however, I feel guilty as hell when I'm not getting my money's worth out of them. I bought these climbing shoes in Nov. '04 and have worn them exactly once...that is, until tonight!

Kate and I checked out the most affordable climbing wall in the city, the 59th street gym, and set out to give all those little muscles and tendons in our hands and feet a little exercise. I'm happy to call that endeavor a big success. I'm not sure my fingers will be up to the task of typing tomorrow, so I'm getting all my keystrokes in now!

No comments: