Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fall was made for cycling


There are many reasons to love fall, particularly when living on the east coast...fresh apples, apple pie, apple cider, hot apple cider(is there a trend here?), pumpkin patches, pumpkin pie, fresh corn, vibrant colored forests, turning off the AC, no more sweat dripping down my back while waiting for the subway...and I'll just spare you the rest, but believe me, the list continues.

Added to the list of reasons to adore fall -- the most awesome, beautiful riding weather in a fall wonderland of reds, yellows and oranges.

The girlfriend and I rode up to Cold Spring through Harriman State Park and past Bear Mountain. What a day! It was the kind of ride that just permanently marks your face with a smile -- it was challenging, breath-takingly beautiful and just, plain fun. After all those hills I feel like super woman walking down the street. "Yes, you are in the presence of a total bad-ass and don't even know it," I thought to myself while riding the train down to yoga class at Columbia University.

If only the fall could last forever!!

No comments: